Why 'blog'?

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Perfect Pairings

Bombay Sapphire is holding a contest where you create "perfect pairings" of cocktails and cuisine. What fun that would be to compete in! Or even to watch / taste the action. I think I would win with my master menu:

oysters on the half shell with a dollop of horseradish, garnish of Osetra and spritzed with jalapeno vodka
paired with a cocktail of iced vodka with lemon zest w/ a fresh ground black pepper and honey rim.

peeled grape, cilantro, and purple onion salad with a fresh lime vinagrette
paired with a sparkling champagne with a float of blackberry brandy whipped cream

main course of garlic oil rubbed steak tartar tenderly cupping a delicate portion of buttery fois gras accented with fennel and sided by crisp sauteed strips of pumpkin with whipped cinnamon honey butter
paired with a nice Chilean cabernet

desert would consist of a warm pear puree with nested "eggs" of vanilla ice cream with butterscotch shavings
paired with a buttery Chardonnay

and then for the Grand Finale
Hot Sex

Ha ha! Top that Emeril! You priviledged SOB!

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Moonery said...

Those sound amazing!
Will you design a meal/non-alcoholic beverage for me?

Here's what I'm thinking: (Though I'm aware my tastes aren't nearly as sophisticated!)

Marinated top sirloin medallions that you cook on a hot rock (Stole this from Stack at the Mirage) with a side of horesradish mashed potatoes. Served with a club soda on ice with lime.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOB! My new favorite word.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger jez said...

I like the hot sex part. Can I get seconds of that???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home