Why 'blog'?

Sunday, July 02, 2006

I HEART GECKOS!


Late the other night I was sorting through our mail in the kitchen and I took a short step to reach across the table and felt something wriggle under my foot and the run out across the floor. The size and blond color of a small cricket, this creature did not scramble like a cricket. This critter scrambled like it was struggling to get a grip on the slick surface of the floor. I chased it out from under the sofa and beheld the adorable little monster. A teeny tiny gecko, no bigger than the middle joint of my pinky finger. After a couple of failed attempts to pick it up (very timid attempts lest I crush its delicate body), I used a piece of paper to coax it into my hand. After it crawled into my hand it calmed down and sat still as I carried it downstairs and released it into the cool of the night. I hope it found a nice home outside where it will not be in peril of being stepped on. I hope that it grows big and strong and has baby geckos. I hope the *f-ing* pidgeons don't eat it.

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Mini geckos are cute!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger jez said...

Michi - you are adorable. I swear animals (i.e. baby racoons, geckos, etc.) are drawn to you like the pied piper.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

What Jez said...animals, babies, children-they love the Michi!

PS- I found a large, dead and severely bloated lizard of some sort in Kurt's backyard the other day. Gaaaaahhhh!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home