Why 'blog'?

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The gag reflex of muppets




So at the very least, odd dreams make for good blog material.

I dreamed that I was among a guided tour group that was walking along the wooden piers of some lakeside or seaside shore. The group consisted of about a dozen people and about a half-dozen muppets. Yeah muppets. Our guide had explicitly warned us not to stray from the group or go poking around due to the neighborhood harboring some characters of a dangerous and derelict nature. A fellow tourist and I fell behind the group and were "poking around" when I discovered a huge purple seashell. the shell was wedged in a back ally ditch and was the size of a vanity garbage pail. I could see the top few inner inches of pearly pink insides from my point of vantage. I reached in and pried it free. Upon looking inside I discovered, to my visual and olfactory dismay, that the beautiful shell was about half full of human feces. The "dangerous and derelict denizens" had been using the shell as a latrine. After fighting down the urge to vomit my buddy and I decided to play a prank. "Hey." I said. "Let's get a couple of the muppets to "discover" this. You know muppets can't vomit but they have a super sensitive gag reflex! It could be hilarious!" So we lured a couple of unsuspecting muppets over and led them to "find" the fabulous purple shell. The rest of the dream was of me and my partner in crime rolling on the ground laughing while the muppet victims hacked and retched dryly and violently at the shells contents.

Some dreams just don't mean jack do they?

5 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger jez said...

I think that dream meant that you have something against muppetts.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Porter said...

Were these Muppet Show muppets, Sesame Street Muppets, or Fraggle Rock Muppets? Or better yet, which muppets were they exactly?

Check all that apply:

__ Kermit
__ Miss Piggy
__ Ernie
__ Bert
__ Cookie Monster
__ Elmo
__ Grover
__ Fozzie
__ Gonzo
__ Rowlf
__ Scooter
__ Beaker
__ The Swedish Chef
__ Big Bird
__ Oscar the Grouch
__ The two-headed Monster
__ The Count
__ Guy Smiley
__ The Amazing Mumford
__ Yoda

Well, that's all the Muppets I can remember. Sorry, don't know the name of any Fraggles.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Porter said...

Oops, forgot the band:

__ Dr. Teeth
__ Animal
__ Janice
__ The blue saxophone guy

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Charisee310 said...

I think they were just cheap Korean rip-off muppets.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

This is my favorite EVER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home