Why 'blog'?

Monday, August 07, 2006

My oh my! A laundry fly!




Boyfriend: "Baby?"
Me: "mmmh?"
Boyfriend: "Um, you didn't check my pockets before you did the laundry!"
(boyfriend holds up a curious empty plastic package)
Me: "What is that? Was that gum?" (suddenly I realize that it WAS NOT gum) "Oooooooh no! This is bad!"
Me: "Ok, very, very carefully pull out the clothes one by one. I think we are looking for 3 flies." (these would be MY flies from fishing in Denver. My boyfriend had pocketed my back-up flies as they did not fit in my pockets)

I found all three flies before anyone got hurt. I still think this is a better laundry accident than the time I sent a $15 Macanudo cigar through the washer and dryer before realizing it. Tobacco leaf bits EVERYWHERE!

9 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Moonery said...

Thank heavens it wasn't gum! Oh that would have been horrid!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger jez said...

Oh lordy! Only you would make that kind of laundry mistake. Ha! It's a good thing you found them before donning on a pair of barbed socks.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger jez said...

P.S. Pretty Flys

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time...I forgot I had a certain "pill" in my pocket and I went dancing. The pill smashed in my pocket and turned to nothing but dust in my pocket.

What a waste of 15 bucks.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Charisee310 said...

Have you ever left vitamins in your pocket? They dissolve and glue your pocket together! And it takes forever to get it all washed out!

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, but when I was a young girl--maybe in the 3rd grade, I found a tiny little blue egg at recess. I put the egg in my pocket for safe keeping. The tiny blue egg broke in my pocket. It was gross. I was sad.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger jez said...

I spilled a cup of coffee into my purse this week. That's kind of like the pocket thing isn't it? I think the worst is chapstick, and it makes those grease marks on everything.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, purses are pockets. BIG pockets that you hang over your shoulder. I don't know why they call them purses, they should call them shoulder pockets.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Charisee310 said...

Aaaaaah! Shoulder pockets! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home